You either LOVE wheatgrass or you hate it. Plain and simple! I see people chug it back with pride and others scrunch up their face and say “No I can’t”. Before you give up on the luscious green liquid please have a look at why it is a gem. I know I can say that after drinking a shot of wheatgrass I feel an immediate boost of energy. I wish I had know about wheatgrass earlier in my life when my parents were both dealing with cancer. Here is a summary of the benefits of wheatgrass from Raluca of Green Sprouts.
18 Reasons To Drink Wheatgrass Juice:
- Wheatgrass juice contains all necessary amino acids and is considered a complete food.
- Wheatgrass juice retains 92 out of 102 minerals available from soil.
- One once of wheatgrass juice has a nutritional value as 2 ½ lbs of fresh green vegetables.
- It is one of the richest in vitamin A, B complex, C, D and K.
- Contains Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, sodium and potassium.
- It contains beta-carotene, which acts as a scavenger against harmful molecules flowing through the body
- Contains full spectrum of vitamins B, including B17 laetrile which has been credited with destroying cancer cells
- It contains 20% protein in the form of poly peptides which is deposited more efficiently in the bloodstream than animal protein
- Contains chlorophyll that has similar molecular structure with hemoglobin of human blood.
- It is antibacterial; it can be used inside and outside the body as a health aid.
- Chlorophyll arrests growth of unfriendly bacteria and counterattacks ingested toxins.
- Chlorophyll also helps purify the liver, regulate the digestion and improves blood sugar problems
- Liquid Chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them and makes them stronger.
- Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits and neutralizes toxins from the body.
- When taken in juice form, wheatgrass can protect from carcinogens.
- A small amount of wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay. Hold it for few minutes in the mouth to eliminate toothaches. Gargle wheatgrass juice for sore throat.
- Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
- By taking the wheatgrass juice you may feel difference in strength, endurance, health and spirituality
- Wheatgrass juice may be prepared using a juicer with masticating blades (not centrifugal).
- Wheatgrass can be stored in green bags or sealed containers in your refrigerator up to 7-10 days.
- Consume 2 oz of wheatgrass juice, twice a day on an empty stomach between 1 ½ h and 3 h after eating.
- It should be taken 15 – 30 min before eating to allow to totally absorb into the system.
- Consume the wheatgrass juice within 15 minutes of preparation.
- It is recommended to start with one ounce and increase to 4 oz daily.
- It may be taken straight or diluted with other juices or water.
I would love to hear from you. Have you tried wheatgrass yet and how are you using it?
If you are local (Kitchener-Waterloo) we are hosting Dr. Brian Clement from Hippocrates Health Institute. Click below to buy your ticket or to learn how to become a vendor at this event.