Raluca from Green Sprouts shares her knowledge on health, wheatgrass and juicing. Last month at Wellness Wednesday we had a packed house at Thrive Juice Bar. The turnout was amazing! We had over 40 people packed together to learn all they could about wheatgrass and juicing. Raluca specializes in wheatgrass and educates others on the benefits and shows you how to use it in your daily life. Raluca also grows and sells wheatgrass and sprouts within the local community. She has graciously allowed me to share some of her presentation below.
The Benefits Of Wheatgrass
- Wheatgrass juice contains all necessary amino acids and is considered a complete food.
- Wheatgrass juice retains 92 out of 102 minerals available from soil.
- One once of wheatgrass juice has a nutritional value as 2 ½ lbs of fresh green vegetables.
- It is one of the richest in vitamin A, B complex, C, D and K.
- Contains Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium, sodium and potassium.
- It contains beta-carotene, which acts as a scavenger against harmful molecules flowing through the body
- Contains full spectrum of vitamins B, including B17 laetrile which has been credited with destroying cancer cells
- It contains 20% protein in the form of poly peptides which is deposited more efficiently in the bloodstream than animal protein
- Contains chlorophyll that has similar molecular structure with hemoglobin of human blood.
- It is antibacterial; it can be used inside and outside the body as a health aid.
- Chlorophyll arrests growth of unfriendly bacteria and counterattacks ingested toxins.
- Chlorophyll also helps purify the liver, regulate the digestion and improves blood sugar problems
- Liquid Chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them and makes them stronger.
- Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits and neutralizes toxins from the body.
- When taken in juice form, wheatgrass can protect from carcinogens.
- A small amount of wheatgrass juice prevents tooth decay. Hold it for few minutes in the mouth to eliminate toothaches. Gargle wheatgrass juice for sore throat.
- Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
- By taking the wheatgrass juice you may feel difference in strength, endurance, health and spirituality
- Wheatgrass juice may be prepared using a juicer with masticating blades (not centrifugal).
- Wheatgrass can be stored in green bags or sealed containers in your refrigerator up to 7-10 days.
- Consume 2 oz of wheatgrass juice, twice a day on an empty stomach between 1 ½ h and 3 h after eating.
- It should be taken 15 – 30 min before eating to allow to totally absorb into the system.
- Consume the wheatgrass juice within 15 minutes of preparation.
- It is recommended to start with one ounce and increase to 4 oz daily.
- It may be taken straight or diluted with other juices or water.
I would love to hear if you have tried wheatgrass and how you have felt after taking it? Raluca from Green Sprouts can be found in Kitchener-Waterloo speaking at various locations. She will be speaking again at Thrive Juice Bar in January 2013!
You can find out more information on her website at http://www.green-sprouts.com/